5/11/2012

Le Petit Escargot.

The Little Snail, Darling Harbour

Hey guys. I haven't been able to foodblog for so long because of a pretty busy schedule; all I could do was rant ahahas, so today I'm going to food blog ABOUT THE LITTLE SNAIL. 
So yeahs, our 2 french classes went on an excursion to this lovely restaurant at Darling Harbour to taste the french cuisine :)
And we didn't need to wait long, we got our food 5 minutes after we arrived. 

SNAILS BRAHS


 So for entree, I got snails in garlic butter sauce. The snails were yuum and the garlic sauce was tres bonne! But some people didn't really like the taste of snails. But since it's a French delicacy, you guys should all try it.

Soup of the day (Onion soup)
 My friend ordered the soup of the day, which was onion soup. It sounded pretty normal but omfffggg it tasted sosososos nice. and they had a piece of garlic bread in it which made it a whole heap better!


After entree we goofed around a bit. Which was like us taking goofy pictures in sucha grand restaurant bahahahahs. AND THEN THE MAIN COURSE CAME OUT.
Chicken in Duck Wine Sauce, Wrapped In Bacon
For my next course I had Chicken Wrapped in Bacon, in Duck Wine Sauce. There was also mashed potato and, as you can see, a cauliflower. I friggin hate cauliflower ehehehz. The entree, though, wasn't as nice as I imagined. The chicken, I think, was overcooked because it was pretty hard.The sauce though, was pretty nice, so I managed to finish it.
Salmon..and rice?


 My friend got salmon and rice and, i have to admit, this was the better choice. The texture of the salmon was so good and the rice was good as well, though I could taste a hint of wine. 
AND LASTLY WAS DESSERT. Dessert came in many shapes and sizes and there was three to choose from.
MAH BOOTIFUL CREME CARAMEL
 So firstly the creme caramels came out and I was like omfgofmfomgofmgofmofmogf sah pretty. The thing that was different to my grandma's recipe was that it had honey in it, and most of my friends had holes in their creme caramel and i was like bhahahahs my grandma is more pro. But it tasted so nice and the strawberry added a hint of freshness. Everyone liked it. But then...CAME THE MOUSSE
Chocolate Mousse
 When Ms gave us a sheet to order our food, I was hesitant in choosing the mousse because I had a bad experience with it at camp where we got a chunkful and ended up throwing it, and feeling super sick. So i was like, no schmank you. But this. THIS. THIS. LOOKED SO DELICIOUS. it wasn't in a heap like what they gave out in bowls at camp..with 50c sprinkles on them. It looked so pro.but omfg wait until you see this:
THE FCKING FRENCH VANILLA ICECREAM
OKAY LIKE THE FACK? The most common dessert turned out to be the best looking?! They was the icecream, with a layer of biscuit at the bottom and toffee at the top and it looked sososos bootiful. But apparently it just tasted like normal icecream.

Ughhs, the food ended up so nice, worth $26. Me and Kim and Sadia ended up being so full and we had to walk back home. And stupid me and Kim decided to work from Darling Harbour to Central because we're hopeless nuts. ahahahas still it was super fun :)

And I'M OUTTIE.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment